Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Counselor Post #2

Hi, this is Kalyna again.  Week two is going along so well!  I'm focusing on the robotics class, but I've been stepping in to look at the Fashion Design class and the Detective Spy Lab class.  As I told the students - I am SO JEALOUS that they get to do all of these.  The teachers are extremely nice, and the small class size really allows for them to focus on everyone individually.  The campers are really excited now that they have settled in, and the creativity flowing from them is incredible (see below!!). 


The other counselors and I are able to walk around, but mainly we are focused in one main classroom.  However, during breaks we are able to have snacks and play some games and do team building activities.  Today we played "a big wind blows" (it was a great success). Here is the group that I had today, as well as with our Assistant Program Director.  They had a lot of fun sharing facts about each other and playing outside.




The students are starting to form bonds, and even ask about which classes they can sign up for next!! I walked around a lot this morning, and I took some pictures.  Please feel free to comment on our blog posts! Here are some more pictures from our morning classes.  

Setting up the robot program.



Detective Spy Lab receiving instructions.


WeDo Robotics Class



Adding our high frequency sensor.


Qualifying to participate in the final competition.


WeDo alligator robots.

Programming the alligator robots.

Taking a break before the afternoon begins!

Ready for class!

No comments:

Post a Comment