Friday, July 31, 2015

Let's Hear it From the Kids! Edison - Week 5

This week at Edison, the students taking the Reading & Study Skills class and the Creative Writing Workshop have been working extremely hard to brush up on their reading and writing skills before school begins in the fall. We asked a few campers to share with us their experience at International Ivy this week. The campers have a lot of good things to say, so be sure to check them out below!

"This week I learned about different study skills and how to categorize different subjects like making an outline, a graphic organizer, and using a cause and effect sheet. I thought it was really fun to use the graphic organizer and surveying passages. The passages we read explained a lot of information that I didn't even know! I thought it was fun and I hope I can take it again soon :)."

"I'm in the Creative Writing class. It was so much fun!! We also played different games. International Ivy is the best camp ever!"

"In Creative Writing, my favorite part was writing the silly sonnets."

"This year, I learned about silly sonnets. They are little silly poems and I enjoy reading and writing them."

"Creative writing was very fun since we go to write silly sonnets and act it out."

"This was my first week here and I had a good time every day."

Campers eagerly participated in Crazy Hair Day on Thursday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment