Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Writing Class Poem

Here is a poem from our writing class.  The assignment was to use slang terms from the English language to write a poem.  

I am Fresh

Sup yo, I got swag
I am so fresh, you got nothing on me
I ain't gonna hurt you, so don't back up, sheesh.

Hola, I got a cool name.
Don't look at me like that, I'm not lame. 
Ayo das  one for calling me out
I didn't steal that food so don't shout.

Now that you know that I got swag
No need to sulk, don't be a drag.
Adios, I need to go, 
This is so fresh, nice seeing you bro.




Here is another entry from the same author.


The broski drew a knife and gripped the blade as if to throw it.
"You ain't gonna get me with that," Death said triumphantly.
"Ayo, shuddup," the broski replied, and threw it.
It flew right between death's legs.
"Ayo das one for trying to kill me," Death shouted.  He punched the broski in the forehead and stomach.
As the man crum[pled to the ground, he whispered,
"Adios, bro," and walked away.  The next thing he knew, he had woke up in his cardboard box.  It had all been a dream.
"Well, at least I am fresh and still got my swag," he concluded.

The End

D.G.

No comments:

Post a Comment