Thursday, July 18, 2013

Short Hills- Creative Writing Student Blogs (Written, Pictures & Videos)

"When I first thought of Creative Writing I thought it would be boring. But it turned out really fun. We got to do skits and perform plays to help us with our dialogue. We also got to do 3 minute writings that would help us see how much we could write in 3 minutes. Plus we got to create 3-D characters out of clay, that helped us with our character profiles." - C.G.

"Creative writing class was a blast! We wrote a lot of cool stories. It was awesome! It was fun and I really enjoyed it. It was full of creative things and I liked it a lot. We presented our stories and I faced my fear." - J.L. 

"Creative writing is amazing. I like that we get to write about anything we want. I wish we could do it for more than two weeks. Creative writing is amusing. I liked when we got to write about a character." -L.S. 

"I learned how to take ideas from all over the world; whatever experiences I've been through and have seen can be used as a writing topic. We did many writing pieces and learned about the different writing styles. In the afternoon, I have web designing class and I learned how to code templates to make websites. I now know how online websites are made. The International Ivy Summer Program has enhanced my mind of the world and knowledge. I hope I can come back next summer." -D.H. 

"My favorite part of creative writing was creating a character. I thought that it was a good idea because it gave me a chance to really think deeply about the people and creatures that are going to be in my story. I think that this was a great experience!!" -X.S. 

"Creative writing was fun. We did all kinds of things. I wrote many pieces and stories. We also used clay to make things for our stories. I love creative writing!" -S.T. 

"When I walked into this class I was thinking torture. But then we started to use clay and we were able to let our imaginations flow. Miss Wendy makes the class fun but you also learn a lot of things. I learned more than I thought I would have." -S.S. 

"I thought that writing was boring but it was fun. I was so excited about what to write. I love creative writing. I wrote about all types of things. It was so much fun! Yeah!" -S.T. 


Below are a few of their characters from their stories. Some are drawn out and some were made from clay.




To view the presentations done by the students, click on the appropriate link below.

The adventure of the lonely elephant.

The story of Jo Jo and Jenny.

Pat the Cat!!

No comments:

Post a Comment